Monday 23 March 2009

Bags of Fun



Three weeks and counting...flat still not rented, but has been shown at least. Why does no one want to live in my house? I think it is quite nice, really. 

Spent a lovely London  Sunday afternoon in Covent Garden at the cluster of outdoor shops--after about an hour of transport snafus, natch. Christ, I am not going to miss Transport for London. 

David bought yet another new rucksack in the ongoing battle to fit all our crap...but got home and decided he doesn't like this one after all. This being Rucksack Number Four, I am losing patience with his whims. We're now back to the big black one (above right) he got in late 1997 to go to Central America for the two months that I was stuck in Washington in February...stupid university education. But it at least seems like it should work (barring any stylistic concerns which may arise...he has a minor case of buckle-and-strap envy as my new bag is much cooler.) Sadly over-shopping has resulted in my own realization that Karrimor now makes a hot pink bag! I am gutted that mine is only stupid turquoise (above left), and I really really want the pink one. Even though it is 10 litres smaller. Reason can't be expected to prevail over pink, I think anyone would agree.

We are now a little in love with eBags packing cubes--the ghetto version of the Eagle Creek ones. Why has no one invented these things before? If I have to live out of a bookbag for nine months, at least my bras can stay separated from my antibiotics, and in a suitably colour-coordinated manner.

Actually think I can get everything in now, having practiced a bit, but walking? Awkward. Something's not right there. 


2 comments:

PJ Coleman said...

I enjoyed readying about your funbags.

Anonymous said...

The bags are fun, but don't they add extra weight? I tend to use zip bags, they actually last a long time!