Monday 1 March 2010

The Situation in Jersey

25 December 2009

And here we are at the second to last stop. Sigh. Pity me. New Jersey, Delran to be exact. Where I grew up. Surprised the parents a bit, flopped ourselves down for a few weeks in one place, ate comfort foods like Dietz & Watson hotdogs which really are unmatched on the entire planet. And I should know. David bonded with the cats, particularly Sassy, who actually was more than willing to walk straight across my head to get to him.

We wrapped presents and spent some time with my brother--starting at Arneiri's Pizza, which is also unmatched globally. Mmm. Arnieri's. What do they do to the cheese? It's like a pizza party in your mouth. I once had to agree with a border guard in Kyrgyzstan that I was in fact from Italy when he spied my Arnieri's t-shirt with the map of Italy on the back and proudly insisted that he knew where it was. You can't really argue in Kyrgyz unless you can, you know, speak it.

We also managed to move our Stuff in Storage Part I from one U-Haul place to a another. Which had the overwhelming advantage of being inside and climate controlled. Why we are paying to store this stuff is one of life's imponderables. We just do.

Christmas at Kate & Larry's, time to catch up with the extended family and to never, never drink an Aviator again. Evil stuff. I don't actually remember the end of the evening. So that's that Christmas tradition kept up another year.












No comments: